Any cool effects vst's?

Tal Dub-3, Dubstation (these are both delays, one is free and they sound amazing) I reckon anyone should try those out.

I'm also an avid user of many of the d16 plugins and synths. I particularly like decimort and syntorus from d16.

Some of my most interesting effects have come from using some soft synths as insert effects and using on board stuff like step sequence modulation (for example, try loading up a percussion sample in Absynth's Aetherizer effect.. There are dedicated effects like Tantra that does all kinds of things similar to the whole fx section of a vst synth.

Last edited:
^Oh yeah, I have & use those silver line plugins from d16 too. Decimort and Syntorus are my faves as well :)

^Oh yeah, I have & use those silver line plugins from d16 too. Decimort and Syntorus are my faves as well :)

To me those 2 just sound stellar. The only better bit crusher I've had the pleasure of hearing at home is the one that comes from my Virus.

One saturation plugin I use frequently is the PSP MixSaturator 2.

Last edited:
To me those 2 just sound stellar. The only better bit crusher I've had the pleasure of hearing at home is the one that comes from my Virus.

Yeah, I often just put Decimort on synths with just a tiny bit of wetness to give them a slight edge. It works as a full-on bitcrusher as well, of course, but for me it's usually just doing "character" duties...

Last edited:
Yeah, I often just put Decimort on synths with just a tiny bit of wetness to give them a slight edge. It works as a full-on bitcrusher as well, of course, but for me it's usually just doing "character" duties...

I also use it this way but mostly on basslines to give it that extra zing or whatever you wanna call it at the top :-)

If you like Bitcrushers and Harmonic distortions I've been getting some good results out of 'Super Angry Distortion'

espc for the even harmonic distortion

Back