Adobe Audition or FL Studio ?

justanuser

Hello guys, I know this is probably a question you get a lot. I've read a lot of threads about the topic but every thread is 2010 or older. So I thought maybe you can now record on FL without the quality being not so good. I was working with Audacity like 2 days ago. So I want to find the right software to start learning with, so I don't learn with one and then have to make a switch and start from the beginning. What do you guys think ? I'm on Windows so I can't use Logic Pro X :/ I would love if you could either tell me which one is better, or if needed to, you could recommend something else. I was looking around for Adobe Audition tutorials on Youtube, but they're all bad and not so detailed. I found a good tutorial on FL so I though it could be more popular for some reason. What would you guys say ? Thank you for the time and effort ^^

The DAW software doesn't influence the audio quality whilst recording.

Awesome, thanks. But how about vocals ? Is FL as good as AA ? Or should I do vocals with AA and FL for mastering ? I've heard some people do that for some reason.

The DAW you use has literally no effect on the quality of something that you record. The quality of recording is determined by (this is not an exhaustive list) the room you record in, any treatment to that room, the microphone you use, your audio interface, and microphone placement in a room (and your position to the mic).

The plugins that come with both DAWs might affect the quality of material in the DAW or your decisions when working on a track, however, I'm certain that your knowledge of how to use various tools to achieve a certain sound is more important that nuances in the features provided in stock plugins for both (or any) DAW. As for what DAW is better, that is something you need to determine based on what works best for you. I use FL because it does everything I need to do in a way that is intuitive for me. I am also not interested in paying for updates, so FL's lifetime free updates appeals to me. Maybe Adobe's Creative Cloud is a better option for you....

You need to spend time discovering what DAW is a good fit for you. Both have free trials/a demo version.

Deciding what DAW to go with is more of a personal decision depending on what workflow system and setup matches your head the best. At least that's how things are if you're going with the top 20 DAW programs or so, and don't select a too cheap version of the software.

This has already been said here, but let's just state it again so it's all clear ;)

I would definitely check out FL Studio. It's pretty easy to use IMO and if you know what you're doing, you can make some really nice songs. It's all personal preference though.

Back