Music video software advice (abstract/animation unusual style)

msfrabbit

Hi!

I am looking at starting my first music video production soon in college. I am Hoping to continue to have a career in this field, or one similar. I find it very hard to get information on which education path to follow and how to start out so I am looking for some advice really. I would be looking at this style of production (see links below), which differs from the tradition film style (more layers, animation etc. )

Does anyone have any ideas as to which software would have been used by the producer of this style of video? (see links for examples)

bluestaranimation.com/rivers-video-page/

youtube.com/watch?v=TUFBl9Ouk4E

bluestaranimation.com/keijis-dream-video-page/

I currently use final cut pro, but would these producers use a more animation based software, more suited to the style?

Thanks a lot! Any ideas appreciated greatly.

I dont see any reason you couldnt do this with final cut pro. Looks like you just need a green screen. Ive created similar effects seen in the background of youtube.com/watch?v=TUFBl9Ouk4E with an open source program called gephex. I watched an adobe after effects tutorial that showed effects that look like the ones in the first video. I really dig the style of the examples you gave, cant wait to see what you come up with.

Last edited:
If you have FCP use that. FCP is used on high end films. So why not use it for music videos. Just get external software for the effects such as Adobe After Effects

Back