Album Art and Visualizations - what interests you?

ajit

Hey guys, I'm new here (and to producing in general). But I do have another small skill, that is, graphic design. I'm interested in tying the two in together.

So, I'm considering offering original, album/Soundcloud art AND visualizations for songs on Youtube. (potentially some stuff free!)

Before I decide exactly what I'm going to offer,
what I need is opinions on what you and the community look for regarding graphics.
  • What kind of graphics would you want? (album art, CD designs/inserts, logos, visualizations, Youtube 3D intros, etc.)
  • What methods of payment or compensation of any kind do you like or had good experiences with? (follows, likes, donations, FREE son!, etc)
  • Do you already design your own graphics?
  • Any other thoughts or experiences about it all?
Looking forward to hearing what y'all think!

The album art has to blend with the song, it can't be something totally different, plus the cover has to be eye-catching(its the first thing most people see when the listen to a track etc)

Cool thank you for the recommendation, I think asking to hear the music (if available) before creating album art is an obvious great idea that I hadn't really though much about before!

Back