Is $500 too much to be charging for these videos?

Da Youngsta

I used a Canon 6D (a $2000 camera) to film these videos. I edited them in Sony Vegas 12. I shot these videos for my close homies to build up my catalog.

Is $500 a fair price or should I charge more? All feedback welcomed.

Watch in 1080p.

$500 is a few dollars more than one paycheck's take-home pay for many minimum-wage workers. Rap artists are often minimum-wage workers.

These are high-quality videos. I would price them at $200. There are a "prosumer"-feeling moments, mostly in the title screens. The tempo and rhythm of the scene changes are perfect at some times, and a little off at others. I believe that with enough picky customers, you'll work out these kinks.

Looks like you've got a future ahead of you with this!

-Ki
Salem Beats

I really think the quality in a video is what makes the price, its the story board and cleaness, nicely cadenced scenes and professional fonts for intros and all.

Determining the price of your service should be based on supply and demand. How much time does it take to complete projects like these? How many of these projects can you take on at any given point in time? Does your price cover the cost of production, business and personal monthly expenses? Are people willing to pay your price? All of the questions are important to consider; therefore, I recommend charging a set price and insure that purchaser get their moneys worth. For the record, $300-$500 is more than fair to charge for basic video production using natural lighting and props.

$500 is fair man but its true not a lot of rappers have money. But dont let that determine your price. Your quality is good and the content is okay for that price. If you want to get paid more step up your production. dont shoot shots and include them for no reason to fill gaps. Unless you really need money consider not doing every video you're asked to do and people might pay you more. Looks like you have good potential to do better work. Keep it up man you'll get there. Email me some links and info

balvnce@gmail.com

If you're ever in Cali might get you some work

I had the same problem bro n really it just depends where your at and what people there are willing to pay..I honestly wouldnt charge a set price cuz i used to do that n ive fuked myself in the long run...You gotta quote each artist based on what they want, locations, and if the artist has a buzz or not. $500 isnt bad but id start at like $175-$200 for stuff like what u got above..If they want stuff thats like shit on mtv then $500+ all day... Your vids are great quality and the editing is on point but they lack a treatment color correction. Try to come up with a plan or theme for the video not just we goin shoot here n then we goin shoot here..thats why everybody videos be looking the same...come up with a story, or something in it that catches hold of peoples attention. and like i said color correction is very necessary...try to shoot with a flat picture style in your cam and use magic bullet or something simular to help color and add emotion to your stuff...but your shit is dope bro real talk..

The price range that I decided to start at is $350-$450. That includes 2-4 hours of filming, 1-2 locations and 8-10 hours of editing. Anything more will be extra. Real treatments, storyboards and extensive color grading will also raise the price.

The videos that I posted were shot with a flat picture style. No color grading was done.

Last edited:
Back