Yo! - Few questions...

Scar4Scar

Yo! Another new guy here.
I was into beat making stuff years ago, but i couldn't keep my focus to go pro because of some issues in my life. I have some mixes from easy softwares that most people call toys. Should I polish these beatz to release some free beat albums? I know the main problem will be the well known samples. But there is nothing to hide...
Also I'm into buying one of Ableton Live & Push packs. Is this a good idea? What else should i buy? Can you advise any other DAW / equipment?
Thanks.

As long as your releasing the beats free then the samples aren't a problem.

And I dont get what you mean about ableton push..what exactly are you asking if you should buy or not? The daw? the controller? both? I have no idea what you mean. It sounds like you're asking if you should buy the ableton push, but as far as I can see you dont even have ableton.

Last edited:
I wanna buy Push + Live 9 Standard or Push + Live 9 Suite as a pack. (Not drum packs. It's my bad. :) ) Should I buy it or not? It seemed like some cool stuff to use. But I don't know if there are any better alternatives as I am a total newbie about it.

Last edited:
If money is any issue at all you dont need the push.

Get suite over standard.

Get suite over standard without the push if money becomes a factor. Dont get standard and the push if it means having to get standard instead of suite.

Last edited:
I may end up using Cubase either. I guess Cubase and a keyboard like M Audio Axiom Air 61 can be good too. I am a bit confused after reading all stuff around the net.

Definetly go with suite over standard if you can and I reccomend the book ableton live power by Jon m !! Taught me so much and it's not a hard read at all

Back