Yamaha Motif 6 VS Yamaha Motif es 6

scarface07

Yamaha Motif 6 and Yamaha Motif es 6

whats the differents between these 2? is it just the sounds or some other ****?

Not much difference between the two except the ES has a few more sounds and a little bit more ram. But the ram isn't really important unless you are using the Motif as a workstation, like arranging whole songs and sampling in it. If you were looking at getting one but were tight on funds i'd look at getting a motif 6 or ES rack. You're pretty much getting the same thing, I use both daily so trust me. Now, if you got chips to splurge just get Motif ES and all the expansion packs you can get. Its kind of like having a Benz S430 vs. S500, not much of a noticeable difference, both are great boards. If i'm not mistaken they are the same board, the ES stands for "Expanded System or Extra Storage" can't remember which one though.

DJ Curve said:
Not much difference between the two except the ES has a few more sounds and a little bit more ram. But the ram isn't really important unless you are using the Motif as a workstation, like arranging whole songs and sampling in it. If you were looking at getting one but were tight on funds i'd look at getting a motif 6 or ES rack. You're pretty much getting the same thing, I use both daily so trust me. Now, if you got chips to splurge just get Motif ES and all the expansion packs you can get. Its kind of like having a Benz S430 vs. S500, not much of a noticeable difference, both are great boards. If i'm not mistaken they are the same board, the ES stands for "Expanded System or Extra Storage" can't remember which one though.

good info your sig says fantom-s and motif 6

which one do you like better .sound wise,sequencing wise,and etc

Well I actually have Fantom X and Motif ES rack now, but I only sequence in Pro Tools and Sonar. Soundwise it is very hard to say....If I had to pick i'd go X6 but the ES is right there...its sort of like Benz or Beamer. Fantom maybe a little more user friendly though, but they have a good DVD that explains the ES pretty well.

they arent the same to be honest. they just look alike. their innards and capabilities are vastly different fromt he effects dynamics to the polyphony count to the system speed. they just look alike and have similar functions but synthesis wise.. the es is leaps and bounds past the classic. honest.

i read somewhere on here that the outputs of the motif are noisy. is it just the classic or are they noisy on the es too?

J-Traxxx

Have you ever even used a motif or motif es? They are the exact same board with a few improvements, nothing drastic. You can read their homepage for yourself, besides what you think the ES stand for.

DJ Curve said:
J-Traxxx

Have you ever even used a motif or motif es? They are the exact same board with a few improvements, nothing drastic. You can read their homepage for yourself, besides what you think the ES stand for.

i had them both for about 5 months at a time. the original i had since sep 03 and the es i had with me from 3/04 to 8/04. trust and believe. they may look the same and operate similarly but the guts are totally different. i'm NOT a novice in the area of the motif.

Back