where can i find good samples?

rhythm22

FP's King of Shyt Talkin!
I've just recently purchased a triton rack and never sampled anything so i wanna see what sampling is all about. Right now i do all my beats my self, but i feel i need to add something else to my beats because to me they sound empty. The dilema i'm having is that i cant find any good samples, can anybody tell me where i can find good samples at. I make hip hop music and i want some guitar riffs, tight snares, kick drums, bass lines, and motion picture sounding strings. Where can i find stuff like this? Also if i wanted to sample stuff like timbaland did with the knight rider song where would i get stuff like that. Any suggestions wil be appreciated, thanks in advance!

your triton rack should have some nice sounds on it already, but as far as stuff like the knight rider theme, just grab anything and chop it up and put your own twist to it. you can sample anything and add some effects and i chill beat to it and work it. also try some orchestral pieces or old tv themes and songs from the 70's......

I guess you could just sample it off the TV, or try to find the score from somewhere and duplicate it on the piano roll, I use a lot of samples from these spots....http://www.badboysounds.co.uk/ they's mostly garage samples but the drumz can b used 4 n e styl, or if you wanna spend a bit of money u could try, http://www.primesounds.com/ or buy some good sample CD's theres some links in d back pages of the source.

you should use stuff you already have at home.......like old records, movies and cd's.........i got a lot of good samples from these classical music cd's i found in my garage and just a few days ago i found a christmas flutes cd, one of those old skool jams cd and a blues cd.........

usually big time producers either sample some thing or pay some one to replay the sample the way they want it .But as far as the movie sample ur taking about plug your tv to your pc and sample it it aint hard .

rhythm22 said:
I've just recently purchased a triton rack and never sampled anything so i wanna see what sampling is all about. Right now i do all my beats my self, but i feel i need to add something else to my beats because to me they sound empty. The dilema i'm having is that i cant find any good samples, can anybody tell me where i can find good samples at. I make hip hop music and i want some guitar riffs, tight snares, kick drums, bass lines, and motion picture sounding strings. Where can i find stuff like this? Also if i wanted to sample stuff like timbaland did with the knight rider song where would i get stuff like that. Any suggestions wil be appreciated, thanks in advance!

C_O_R_N_Y

here you go again

dam mrskasualfaggot are your feelings still hurt? Don't be mad at me because your a loser and dont know your beats suck. Me on the other hand im always trying to improve so im willing to try new things and get advice on it, i think you should follow my example scrub!

hahahaha!!!!

no i remember when you were talking **** to me for sampling now your gay *** is jumping on the bandwagon cause ypur **** must suck, youve never even heard my work toy!!!!! keep trying, i'll be in socal next week, lets hook up.

One should say, go crate digging.
which is a good source.

IF you are lazy :)

then go for some movie soundtracks (stuff by thomas newman or hans zimmer) Stuff like The green mile and whatnot. Prolly should find sampleworthy things on a DVD.

Never sampled beats, always make em. So i would not know where to get that.

If you want movie samples I see no reason not to play them yourself. That way you get the things sound like you want them.

here we go again!

man mrskasualultra i aint gonna waste to much time on you, for one i did here your beats because you posted them on here because somebody else was telling you you were wack. You and I both now your beats are wack, and yes i was talking **** to you because you said sampling is better than synths and i dont agree with that, id rather make my own beats rather than sample somebodys else's beat. I just wanna know how to sample just to get effects and sounds that dont come with the triton thats all. I'm still gonna continue to make my own beats homie!

Last edited:
"**** to you because you said sampling is better than synths and i dont agree with that, id rather make my own beats rather than sample somebodys else's beat."

It doesnt matter if people sample or not, just as long as they can make the **** sound good then thats all that matters.

Tho I havnt heard the beats u were saying were wack yet.. haha

Re: here we go again!

rhythm22 said:
man mrskasualultra i aint gonna waste to much time on you, for one i did here your beats because you posted them on here because somebody else was telling you you were wack. You and I both now your beats are wack, and yes i was talking **** to you because you said sampling is better than synths and i dont agree with that, id rather make my own beats rather than sample somebodys else's beat. I just wanna know how to sample just to get effects and sounds that dont come with the triton thats all. I'm still gonna continue to make my own beats homie!

um yeah, that was a beat i did vs. fumbling on ecstasy to prove hip hop producers can do dance synth stuff, it was a techno beat....read the posts next time, i posted a beat against that same dude that said i was wack, he got taken out and no longer comes to this board, but hey put your money where your mouth is toy, i just signed up for soundclick, if you want to have a little online battle setup lets do it, ill pm infa about it, lets do it.

forget all that ****.........GET SOME RECORDS....go to the good will-- look at the back of the records for what kind of instruments are on em and look for breaks when there is nothing playing but that instrument.

get a record player, get an audio interface, hit up Record Time and go digging. thats the best advice you can get

Kingplays. STOP SPAMMING! I hate it when people spam like that! Now I have a myspace blog that I give out free sample packs each week. Check em out, I have 15 out this week...

Back