What are we doing wrong?

Casbeatz

Producer/Engineer
Okay, so we record our vocals with the cad m179, right. Problem is, our recordings are not sounding very rich, even with a few effects thrown on. Here is a sample of this song we have been working on, so you get an idea of what the vocals are sounding like with no effects.

Any Idea? by DJ Fader on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

So, what I'm wondering, is that, should we get a different mic to record on when we want that high quality, crisp sound, or can all this be achieved when the track gets mastered by a professional? I just don't want to waste all this time recording with this mic if the sound isn't going to brighten up a little after mastering/mixing it. What's your opinion, guys?

I think reverb is your friend. it appears to be a dark beat and sample from the small clip you gave so maybe pitch your voice down a few semi tones just to get a darker tone.This is all stuff that a engineer could do for you also, but that is just a few ideas.

I think reverb is your friend. it appears to be a dark beat and sample from the small clip you gave so maybe pitch your voice down a few semi tones just to get a darker tone.This is all stuff that a engineer could do for you also, but that is just a few ideas.

Thanks for your input, man. I just have to wonder if the quality of a track depends on the one who masters it, and not the one who records it.

yeah if they know what they are doing some of those waves plug ins can make a cheap phone recording sound amazing honestly so i wouldn't worry about it too much.

it might be your delivery ya know, i think it sounds good but theres no feeling there

what mic u usin?

Back