What up fellow producers got a question for you

uncbeatz

What type of clauses do yall put in your contracts when a label wants to buy your beats? what do you ask for up front and what do you ask for the back end? Any help would be appreciated. THANKS IN ADVANCE

peace7183109 said:
same ole dumb arse questions...he asked a serious question and all you arseholes is ignance...sad...lol

uhhhh... what?
maybe you wanna hit 'edit' and try that "sentence" again.

honestly man I wish someone would post a sticky of leasing/exclusive contracts and then nobody would have to ask and get no answers to it.

well the problem with that is we are not lawyers and each deal and situation is different, there is no set contract. I highly recommend getting a entertainment lawyer...

what I want to know then is how people who sell their beats do it because at least then I would have some idea of how to go about things

pppppppp said:
what I want to know then is how people who sell their beats do it because at least then I would have some idea of how to go about things
They hire a entertainment lawyer or a manager, who would also hire a lawyer.

I didn't know you could just hire managers. I thought they had to find you and choose to take you on. where do you go to hire a manager?

Back