What is this synth or instrument!?(link inside)

Champ

Low Fi Link

Hi Fi Link

Download

Can somebody PLEASE tell me what synth or instrument that is(the first sound you hear when u press play)

Does anybody know where its from or anything, Any and All help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Last edited:
All the musicians on this site and NOBODY can tell me what that sound is? Can yall please help me

I listened but really couldnt tell you I thought it was gonna be one sounds not like a song so it is kinda of hard to tell

Every rnb artist has used that sound before... I can think of about 5 songs off the top of my head. And I have no idea what it is but I love that sound, lemme know when you figure it out.

-Donovan

hey wat up champ, i had to reply, since u from pg too! also, because i h8 gogo, that was a good synth though! ;) peace.

VBM said:
hey wat up champ, i had to reply, since u from pg too! also, because i h8 gogo, that was a good synth though! ;) peace.
Wsup up man, Yea its nice to see local artists representing PG. Good Luck with your goals

Anybody find out what synth this is yet?

Can anybody try their best to reproduce this sound? I'm desperate, I been tryna get this one for a long time

^ yeh like revkha said its definitely a synthy-square type sound.. mayeb even a fx'd rhodes organ, but to me a big synth

(sorry no help :S)

haha, Big G on the mic...

But yeah, that sounds like a flanged sine/saw wave combo... it's not a particular instrument, or should I say not just a solid instrument. Sounds like somethin that's been tweaked, EQ'd, FX, etc...

Thanks for the info yall, Im gonna use your ideas and try to get that sound. If I get it I'll let yall know and if yall get it let me know

Champ said:
Low Fi Link

Hi Fi Link

Download

Can somebody PLEASE tell me what synth or instrument that is(the first sound you hear when u press play)

Does anybody know where its from or anything, Any and All help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

my first real technical or what ever u call it fp answer!!

first of all i second what sum one else said that its sum type of organ patch but hell if i know which or from what but!

i can tell u that u can sample that from that destiny child song "say my name" the original one near the end if i remebr correctly or was it the beginning?

that sound is pretty prevelent the last few years and i think tim was the first i heard with it on ginuwine first cd

i know all this cause a while back i was askin this very question

glad i cluld help

and while im at it i have been lookin for the "ohh sound" from aaliyah 4 page letter for like 4 years - seriously

twista also used it on my nugs a while back

still would like 2 get it or at least where 2 samp it from

just cause i have wanted it so bad for so long maybe some one out there can help me?

Back