what to start out with choose which one you would

so long as you have a pc & sequencer software i would get a midi controller, then the drum machine!

If you get a asr or a mpc u dont need 2 buy a seperate sampler!

What type of music are you making?

Are you able to use a computer for making beats?

How is your budget?

lil antman said:
MIDI Controller
Drum Machine
Or save up and get a nice sampler

im guessing your using software to make beats...

id suggest the midi controller if you are.

provide more information next time, like your budget, type of music, and equipment you already have.

well my budget is from 150 to 300

and i have a keyboard already that acts like a midi contoller so i was wondrin if it was still needed for me to get one

then tell us more about it ;)

what midi-controller and software do you use??

what sort of music do you make?

if we know these answers we can see what fits you better (or actually we can give advice and YOU'll see what fits you better ;)) or what you'll need..

to be honest 150-300 is not very much if you don't have much equipment yet..
when working with computers you still need a GOOD soundcard, a pair of good monitors (the sound on pc-speakers isn't "real" enough to do any working or mixing on it.. once you'll hear the difference you know what i'm talking about)
but what you could (and actually should) do.. and most people here do it this way: get one piece of good equipment after another until you have everything you need..

of course for larger investments you should have your mind already set-up that you're willing to put money and effort into this issue (if you haven't already decided ;))

so give us a list of your equipment (maybe also the specs of your computer) and then it's probably easier for us to be able to help you.. ;)

Back