Subwoofers are an anomaly.

KonKossKang

Ozagas
I plan on researching as much as possible on speakers after reading a few threads recently.

I know a good bit about the speaker part of speakers, but never delved into a sub that wasn't a part of a klipsch promedia.
[Or know if it would be possible to wire a promedia sub to a pair of studio monitors.]
Or if THESE fellas would be compatible with some eris's

These particular types of sub I notice have a similar but jarring layout and I would like to know the ins and outs of subs specifically.
This will be researched as well. All of this'll be googled extensively but if there are any more things to know about such and such, or if I'd need to get more xlrs or something to wire two monitors to a sub, would be nice.

Another youtube vid I found, unfortunately was of maudio monitors and only one was connected to a sub.
Will also research if it's possible to connect two monitors to one sub with or without extra ports on an interface as well.
And whether or not xlr can be used in place of trs cables for wiring two monitors to a sub.[Especially that one above]

Last edited:
The K10S will work just fine. You connect your main outs to the sub, then outputs from the sub to the actual monitors (with XLRs or RCAs).

if there's any hub of info on here or google or gearsluts or something about most subs, lemme know.
Still gonna be url hunting for manuals and such for

cerwin vega
k10s
jbl
subs in general to find if most studio subs are compatible with studio monitors like how the copper wire subs be with home system stuff. Stuck between these 3 and will be doin a bit of surfin.

I have not seen that before, but I'm stickin to the regular stuff.
I also do not intend to have the bass thing higher than say...bout 10-20% also and monitor levels staying at a good level.

That is interesting to look at thought might look at a few tube pipes of it.

Back