Studio Gear, What is needed?

Jon3Blaz3

Hello everyone,
My name is Jonathan and I am fairly new to this site, I am interested in actually investing in some hardware gear at the moment but am kind of skeptical to what to buy.
So basically I am a EDM (Electronics Dance Music) producer, I have been producing for 6 years off of Ableton Live & Fl Studios..

Now that I am more familiar with music I now tend to use up a lot of my computer's Memories (RAM & CPU).. This is a really big problem of mine, just imagine limiting yourself to songs. Basically only being able to use a certain amount of effects and virtual synthesizers. It really dulls the whole creation moment.
So my 1st question would have to be, Is there some sort of Audio Interface that will end this problem? or would I just need to upgrade my computers CPU and RAM?

A second issue I have been facing lately is my mix, I know its not at its full potential.
I want to invest in a nice pair of Mid Range studio monitors because my room is fairly big.
I am thinking Krk Rokit 10's or 8's..

Basically there is to much shit running on my pc should I get a new soundcard or just upgrade the Ram nd Pc..
Once I feel i understand that problem more I will gradually upgrade my speakers and invest in some hardware syntheziers and study up on midi a lot.

Address your CPU and RAM first. Post the specs of your computer if you can.

The interface can help with monitoring and latency issues but it won't do anything for processing power.

Once your ship sails smoothly, you'll enjoy it more.

If you cannot use enough synths and fx it could be that your computer is too slow or that your plug ins are too resource demanding. post some specs and the plug ins you are using.

Besides getting more RAM, try muting the effects you aren't using in Ableton & FL Studio.

First of all when starting Studio Wordk Fresh OS Install.
Buy i5 or i7 Cpu based PC with 4 or 8Gb of ram and 64bit OS.
Buy a solid midi controller,audio interface,monitors, good DAW and you are good to go.

PS: When you talk about "slow' PC post Specs.

Ok thanks for all the feedback so basically you guys need to know some pc specs. Here is what I am working with at the moment.

Processor: Dual-Core Processor 2.30GHz
Installed Memory(RAM): 4.00 GB
System Type: 64 bit

for the virtual plug ins i use (vst's) Sylenth 1, Massive, Cyclop. Effects: Izotope Ozone 5 Ohminicde lots of EQ

Dual Core is old CPU. So as I said You need new PC based od i5/i7.
You use very cpu heavy plugins. After you buy new PC or Mac you can start building your studio by buiyng hardware.

I run off a Laptop - Duel Core i7 Processor, 12GB Ram, 1TB HD and a external 1TB HD ... That covers the running power of Ableton, with no lags at all .... Also add in some Monitors, my choice KRK Rokits, Along with a Akai Midi Keyboard, also got ATM-H50s which i use for Production late at nights or on the move and a external 23" and 37" monitor .... I also have a 400Watt sound system for a more varyed approach to sound, althought i ALWAYS mix on my KRKs :)

Define "lots of eq."
well basically when I am finished with my track, I put every individual sound into its own respectable mixer channel. Usually use up more then 30 channels which include sounds that cover the whole frequency range just to have a full mix..
So on each channel I will use a Virtual Equalizer to drop some unnecessary frequencies so the whole mix fits together well together.
So basically i need a better pc thank you everyone for the wonderful support and help

Back