.STH/.STI files? NEED HELP...

I've got a Korg Trinity set that I NEED to open... The sounds on it are immense. But all the sounds are .sti or .sth files. What do you open these with in FL Studio? Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
That doesn't sound right. Are these supposed to be samplesets or simply patch data?

Er, you reckon if I copy and paste 'em into somewhere in Patches it will do anything? Because i'm not so sure...

They aren't SoundFont files or anything... They're like .wav files but I can't get at them because they're not .wav... :/

Last edited:
They are - though the actual sample data resides in .stw files. If you don't have those, they're pretty useless. Should be convertable with ESC.

StarLightProductionz said:
ESC? So if I convert them using that... I can convert them into .wav files?

You would be better off converting them to SF2.
Why would you want to map out the wav files yourself.
That is to much work. Convert them to the sampler that you use.
If you have FL Studio use Directwave.

Okay, fair play. Thanks for the help it's appreciated.

I do use soundfonts aswell. Just prefer .wav files as there is a lot more to work with :D

Now that part has cleared things up for me... What is DSC? Because I wanna start converting...

Last edited:
Did this end up working for you? I'm having the same problem. Fruity Loops says there's an error of some sort when I try to use the SF2 files. ESC won't allow me to convert to wav. for some reason. Any other ideas?

I'm running FL XXL v7 and im trying to load Sample Tank instruments XL edition (I found them on my external in sti/sth format). So i converted them to SF2 and dragged them into the FL browser. But once I take them from the browser and into the step sequencer it reads "access of violation at 05F59BC7 at module 'FLSPro.dll. Write of address 00000000." Once it says that FL cuts off sound for all the other instruments.

Back