Selling beats...easy as hell??

FridayBeatz

Ok one of the members of the FB group "share your music" (founded here) just told me that selling beats is "easy as hell"? I know this may be a stupid post but....is it really that easy??

Not when starting out but after you "Get" it...it becomes easier! Need tips on how to...You know what to do below on the Sig.

It can be "easy as hell" depending on where you are, your beats, who you know etc, but if you're starting out it'll be tough for a while.

It's all dependent on How you market. Marketing is everything. You must ask yourself, Who's your target audience? Are you reaching them, and if so how? If not, What is stopping you?

As long as you're networking and making friends it's easy but its always a struggle in the start.

Depends on who your audience is. Or in this case who your customer is. Also depends on price if it's dirt cheap sure it's easy to sell but it's not worth selling it for dirt cheap.

Last edited:
I just started selling my beats on soundclick.. I am selling my beats for 1.99 each but they are bangers for real.. Haven't had any buys yet but I'm sure it will come with time and plenty of promotion. DrumianiBeatz find me on there!!! MOZART OF INSTRUMENTALS

No offense, family, but I can't even disrespect myself like that. Maybe a few free tracks to create exposure, but I couldnt put every beat up for $2 lease. I feel likemost of my work is worth at least $10 per lease

depends on your goals. It is easy to sell beats as long as you have all the pieces. Pro Image, Pro sound, plenty of Promotion, patience, a little understanding of business and customer service, ect. The hard part is creating a solid profit, that is the part that takes time. You can spend 600 on promo tomorrow, and it might take all month just to get your money back if your prices aren't competitive, your beats aren't protected, your image isnt professional, and your sound isnt marketable, hell if everything is not up to par you might not even break even... But once everything IS together, and you manage to keep your promos consistent, new beats consistent and everything nice and professional then yes, selling beats gets a lot easier. You might spend a few hundred on promo and sell an exclusive the next day for a few more hundred, get a paid off leases, when people in your community see you online doin it your gonna get business from them too, if you build good business relationships with your customers you'll get plenty of returners, Ive been in and out of the online beat market only cause Ive been offered enough personal work with artists that it can sustain me, another reason is cause I hate giving guys the opportunity to jack my shyt, but Ive made a decent amount online, I remember the 1st time I sold a beat for over a stack, then another for 700 and had leases. in a weel and a half i had 32 hundred, thought I was rich lmaoo, you learn when you get older though that aint shyt. But its still good money in it, just ALOT more work than most people can comprehend to get it goin, then even MORE work to keep it goin, plus you gotta work on making your internet presence make you money outside the internet.

Of course selling beats is easy.

Beats are going for cheaper and cheaper prices. You can put in a lot of work to sell beats and make less than $100 a month. If you just want to sell beats to say that you sell beats, you can easily make some simple tracks and sell them for a dollar a piece.

Is selling beats easy? Hell yes!

Will you make a living from selling beats? Hell no!

Get a day job and just give beats away to artists with a buzz. Beats just do not sell like that anymore. The days of big name producers selling $100,000 beats are over. The days of unknown producers selling beats for any price are almost over. Just give the music away to get a buzz. Your music is worthless without a buzz.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
I can agree with this..

depends on your goals. It is easy to sell beats as long as you have all the pieces. Pro Image, Pro sound, plenty of Promotion, patience, a little understanding of business and customer service, ect. The hard part is creating a solid profit, that is the part that takes time. You can spend 600 on promo tomorrow, and it might take all month just to get your money back if your prices aren't competitive, your beats aren't protected, your image isnt professional, and your sound isnt marketable, hell if everything is not up to par you might not even break even... But once everything IS together, and you manage to keep your promos consistent, new beats consistent and everything nice and professional then yes, selling beats gets a lot easier. You might spend a few hundred on promo and sell an exclusive the next day for a few more hundred, get a paid off leases, when people in your community see you online doin it your gonna get business from them too, if you build good business relationships with your customers you'll get plenty of returners, Ive been in and out of the online beat market only cause Ive been offered enough personal work with artists that it can sustain me, another reason is cause I hate giving guys the opportunity to jack my shyt, but Ive made a decent amount online, I remember the 1st time I sold a beat for over a stack, then another for 700 and had leases. in a weel and a half i had 32 hundred, thought I was rich lmaoo, you learn when you get older though that aint shyt. But its still good money in it, just ALOT more work than most people can comprehend to get it goin, then even MORE work to keep it goin, plus you gotta work on making your internet presence make you money outside the internet.

Great answers in here! A.O. you definitely make a lot of sense...and Desire, thanks for a realistic perspective. My goal as of right now is to just sell beats for an extra stream of income...even if it's just a thin margin. But long term, I plan on making at least $10K per year, which I think is reasonable. Keep the comments coming!

You have to go where the buyer are hanging out at and spend some money and time putting your sound in front of them. One quick question, has anyone tried to look up the demographics fro websites like soundclick and rocbattles? Maybe if you run them sites like alexa and quantcast you'll be able to come up with some MORE sites that those people visit. Try setting up some Facebook ads promoting your pages and target those who are songwriters.

Well if your beats are good enough.. simply getting them out in the open and listened to by aspiring artists will do it. If the beat is good and available, people will want to buy it to rap over/etc.

Back