Noise....Feedback....Velocity....Aftertouch...XP50

K

Karyzma

OK, here goes. I'm using a Roland XP50 for my sequencing purposes as of right now and I've just started experiencing a major problem. I think it is related to velocity or aftertouch or something to that effect.

I'm experiencing a major low frequency feedback problem when playing mostly keys instruments/patches. It occurs when I play keys, moreso at higher velocities or when I play chords as opposed to singular keys or notes. It really is starting to aggravate me. Initially I thought it was just a feedback through my monitors, but to no avail. I tried through my headphones, and the sound is slightly different, moreso like static.

I think its really interesting that it only happens when I play keys patches: rhodes, piano, electric piano and actually with some guitar patches; again seemingly a velocity thing but just don't know. I just don't understand.

As far as other equipment, I'm just using a Tascam TMD 1000 mixer and routing through Fostex PM1 monitors. I hope I can get to the bottom of this problem soon, I came up with an interesting guitar rhythm, but then this feedback noise overpowered this and I became more overwhelmed with fixing this and didn't get back to the part. Please help.

Forever Fam

<M

Please Help

Would anyone like to take a stab at my dilemma. It's really vexing.....I would appreciate it.

Back