Nas' Stillmatic Intro,how did hangmen 3 do it?

oneroundko

Im just curious, when i listen to nas' stillmatic intro, and then listen to the stacey lattisaw song "let me be your angel" and for the life of me, i cant figure how they cut that sample up, or looped it or whatever, what part of the song did they take out or did they just use a synth and just say the beat was inspired by the song? and one last question, whats the difference between a sample and an excerpt? If you guys want to check the song out, go to *****.com and download it, and if you cats reading this post have the proper equipment and are skilled enough, maybe take the cut, chop, loop it or whatever and post at mp3.com or whatever and post a link here so i can get an idea on the equip. you used or what your method was. I hope you can all understand the idea i was trying to get through, and everything you post here would greatly apprectiated...........

oneroundko said:
Im just curious, when i listen to nas' stillmatic intro, and then listen to the stacey lattisaw song "let me be your angel" and for the life of me, i cant figure how they cut that sample up, or looped it or whatever, what part of the song did they take out or did they just use a synth and just say the beat was inspired by the song? and one last question, whats the difference between a sample and an excerpt? If you guys want to check the song out, go to *****.com and download it, and if you cats reading this post have the proper equipment and are skilled enough, maybe take the cut, chop, loop it or whatever and post at mp3.com or whatever and post a link here so i can get an idea on the equip. you used or what your method was. I hope you can all understand the idea i was trying to get through, and everything you post here would greatly apprectiated...........
That's not a sample, its an interpolation. Meaning the melody is based on that piece of music, but its not an exact replay of the original composition. So its not gonna sound anything like that on the original record. ........ Exerpts and samples are the same for all practical purposes.

oneroundko said:
So they used a synth to create that instrumental?????????????
I'm not an expert on keyboard sounds, like some other cats on here are. Its definitely some keyboard insrumentation, though.

Back