MPC 1000 lagging

Sample King

Hey everyone, I've only had my mpc for a few weeks, so I still have the 16 mb internal memory. My ? is when I lay down the chopped sample and then try to layer my drums I'm getting somekind of lag or the drums will not even play over the sample and is real choppy. I'm hoping it's just the memory which i ordered today, thanks in advance for responses.

T.C is off bud, it's not timing the drum sample will not even play when the sample when in playback, but when I stop play back and just play the drums it's fine.

You could be right Obi, figuring out the tempo has been one of the hardest for me. What would be the easiest way for me to figure out the temp of my melody? I'm not sure if that's the case. Yesterday I just took a smaller sample layed my drums down first and it was fine. I'm thinking my samples might have been to big pushing the mpc to the max with 16 mb internal. Let me know what you think thanks again.

Start like this:

Take sample. Nothing but sample. Record it at the first first of the measure. Leave loop on. Now tap tempo the and hit play and tap the tempo in while it plays. Keep doing so Until the loop is in sync with the sample.

Now you may add drums.

Now you may thank Obi. (kidding, kidding...)

I am getting frustrated with the MPC, someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong. I just now layed down a simple drum beat (boom bap) and now when I play my sample over it the samples only play parts of the sample sometimes the sample will not even trigger, but when I stop the drums and just play out the samples it's fine.

Last edited:
put ur drums and samples in two different programs and then before u record make the samples in one track then the drums in another track. Hope that helps

DJ prdovac, I hope your right bud because now that i think about it. The times i've been successfull my drums were in program 1 and my samples were well were sample 1 2 etc...I'm about to go to work but when I get home i'm gonna try that. Can you tell me how to get them in 2 diffrent programs, I'm not sure why I get them in 1 program sometimes. what am i doing wrong?

after u load everything up,go to program and where "program 1" is highlighted press "window" and it will ask to create a new program. Press yes and then a new program will be made. And from there, u scroll to which program u want for each thing and put ur samples in accordingly. Then when u wana record, u go to "main" and where it says "track" u can pick which track to use and then right by that it will say program and then u choose a dif program for a dif track. Good luck

Last edited:
Got it DJ prdovac, thanks a milli a milli a milli, that was frusterating the hell out of me. I got it tried it out real quick, although i noticed when i got to track 7 it kind of did the same thing but my timing was a little off so i hope it was just that. Thanks agian Obi and DJ, one thing tho that i'm gonna ask is how do i use the tap tempo. The manual doesn't give you great instruction on how that actually works, everytime i try it i get totally diffrent bpm. If you can explain the tap tempo method that would be great, thanks.

Back