MP3 or Wav file when sending beats to rappers

Wassup,

I just linked up with this rapper and need to email some beats to him...should I email them as mp3? wav? does it matter? I am asking because I tried to sent beats before in WAV format but the file was too large to send.

Anyone in here with experience sending beats let me know what the deal is....Thanks

Send Wav. How big is the Wav file? How big is it when zipped? Use a file upload place like **********.com and then give them the link to download it.

Im not sure exactly how big it is...I think using the upload link should do the trick cause when I tried to attatch file as a WAV it would not send....thanks for the feedback!

You should send it to him track out but if he dont say anything about it..just give him a MP3....lol

LeadPenrose - not sure what you mean...can you ellaborate on that? Do you mean send it to him with each track split up in wav file? I have never done this before but I do know how to export from FL studio and make each track be a separate WAV file.

Thats what he is sayin...Solo each track and export..

Yea tracked out WAV's are the proper way to do it....

If you're just auditioning the beats for him though, or if he's some Joe-Dumbass rapper and you aren't getting a nice payday, just send the fool an MP3 and be done with it.

Are you sending him beats just so he can hear you? If so, why not just open a myspace or a soundclick and let him and future clients listen there. Otherwise, just send them in MP3 format or small snippets in WAV format.

If he has purchased the beats, then they should be tracked out. The best way to do this would probably be to burn to CD and ship.

If theses are just reference tracks to listen or write to just send mp3's. For recording purposes 24 bit wav files are the way to go but e-mailing an entire session of 24 bit wav files can be a bit of a pain. For stuff like that most studios FTP 'em. But if this is some random dude you hooked up with you don't want to be sending off your session files anyway

A file hosting site or file uploading site would let you upload your .WAV files in one big RAR or ZIP format (you would have to archive them in RAR or ZIP first, then upload them). Then you give your buddy the link to the download, and he gets the download by himself using the link. It's what you would do if your files are too big to email, which is usually the case. I agree with Pase though. MP3's for listening could be ok. You could possibly send a 192 or 320 MP3 for higher quality, but .WAV is best quality of course.

YA these tracks are going to be recorded on...he heard my myspace page and contacted me about the beats...Im gonna track them and and try to figure out those upload sites I have never used them before

If its going to be for a commercial release...then he'd need the separate 24/48000 Wavs.

If its simply for the dude to vocal and send around on myspace etc, then send him a 320kbps Mp3 (check settings to get the highest quality conversion) that should be more than enough. If it does become a hit then you can take it to the studio to be properly done. Otherwise dont spend too much time worrying about wavs/mp3s. just get that HIT !

Last edited:
bro to tell you the truth, if its some random nobody joe blow, ill send dat azz some mp3's... unless you actually paying for the track and its going to be yours then you have to drop some wav/tracked out money and we have to do some type of written agreement...

but other than that, man send him some mp3's he wont tell the difference

Back