Missing RIFF Header in a .wav file

T

the front

Hi,

I have a .wav file that when I try to open it says that the RIFF header is missing. Does anyone know a way that I can repair // replace the header so I can rescue the file ???

Any help on this would be great !

Pete

I exported the wavs from a project on aMackie HDR 24/96 and our engineer burned them to CDs. When i tried to open them at home in every single programme I've ever seen i had no joy. In the end I just had to get the engineer to remake the discs coz no IT people or engineers could get the files to work.

:(

MM

Messy, is there an OMF extension on the heading? Assuming it was a Pro Tools save protocol?
Otherwise if it's a straight wav then there should be no header readings.

There were no OMFI extensions so far as i remember but to be honest i can't fully recall (this was back in August). The Mackie wasn't used with PT anyway just an SSL.

Like i said we got the engineer to make the discs again & then they worked. I believe the problem actually came a selection he had checked in the burning software he used to create the discs. He had a new version of Nero (yeah i know :rolleyes: ) and he had selected some higher quality support function, i think, which caused the problem.

MM

Help reconstruct a wav file...Please

I have a wav file, but it does not play I think the header is missing but I don't have that knowledge to reconstruct the header for the same.

I have uploaded the file with mp3 extention because that's what allowed here. But please change it to wav and then please if anyone could help on this.

Please help me on this...please...anyone

Attachments

• file.mp3
    1.5 MB · Views: 633
Do you have Sony Sound Forge? Know someone who does?
I've heard (haven't tried yet) that changing the extension from .wav (.mp3; whatever) to .raw and opening in SF could do the trick. In any event, SF can read any format. I can't try it for you right now (not at the studio, and on an iPhone)...

GJ

Thanks will give a try...but I am not a Pro in this...

Would appreciate if anyone explains me or could do this....

Thanks

You can use Audacity for this (importing raw data) as well. I'm actually getting some awesome/awful (depending on what you like :)) glitchy noise out of this, but it's probably not what it's supposed to be...

Do you have any specs about the original file? 24bit? 16bit? Stereo or mono? All details help.

Back