MIDI Help controlling PRO52 with MC307?

vanian

Ok I have a ROland MC-307 groovebox and an old Yamaha keyboard. I can set them up thru MIDI to play the sounds but I can tget it woking with the channels and stuff to use the knobs for FX and the pitch-bending and stuff. I have read some books and stuff online but I just can't get it figured out. Is there anyone here in the Bay area that I could met with or someone I could call that could help me figure this crap out? I just need the beginner basics and I can figure the rest out, I just can't figure out how to even get started. ALl the MIDI sites and books say it seems overwhelming but is actually more easy and invaluable knowledge, well it hasn't been easy for me for some reason. Any takers?

u need to setup the mc 307 to be controlled externally. there must be some option under the midi setup .
must receive data on all channels.

check for that option.
cant help you without the midi implementaion charts.
ill look around.

yes Ive done that and can control about 3 effects filters as a default but I can set upo any other knobs. And I dont understand things like how to use different channels for certain things, etc.

hmmmm if uve setup it up right then u should be able to control the 307 just by switching channels on ur yamaha.

ok that's possible... read your documentation (i only had the mc303 a whillle ago so im not sure where the OS has its options)

you should be able to set a track of your MC to send midi EXTERNALLY on a midi channel. from there, open PRO-52 as a STANDALONE (not as a VST) device, and set it to receive external midi controls.

Basically youll use your MC307 as a sequencer (no problem there, should be pretty solid actually) for your whole setup, if I understand correctly, instead of using CUBASE or something else.

You should be able to hear the PRO-52's sound through your computer's LINE OUT as you press the mc's keys... if you create sequences/patterns on this track, you will control the PRO52

by the way, good choice, its an excellent software synthesizer.

good luck! hope this helps

ohh wait.. you want to control with the KNOBS, you dont want to sequence it? I am not even sure if the MC307 sends midi data from its knobs (the mc303 didnt).

The title of this thread has been a bit edited so that more peopel with a 307 come and help you :) hope it helps

cool, thx, ya I wanna control it with the knobs. If the 303 couldnt I wouldnt be surprised if it was the same for the 307. I'll be messing with it.

Back