Losing Motivation

Picassoo

I started making beats a month ago from scratch and honestly i made one of the best beat i ever made. "Diamond Crown" - ASAP Rocky/ASAP Ferg Beat (Prod. by Pay$o) [Banger] - YouTube
My problem is that whenever i make a beat, i set myself with high expectation because if i can make a beat like THAT, then i should make better beats. Usually when i make beats, my ideas are implemented but then i exit out of FL studio without saving it because i dont feel like its good enough for me. I used to addicted couple weeks ago being on FL studio from morning till night making beats but now im losing motivation. I was wondering if you guys have any videos that you guys watch or any quotes that keeps you guys going?

If you're feeling like you're losing motivation, go do other things. Then come back, and make beats.

Watch some tutorials learn some new effects chains or techniques and incorporate them into your production. Make your own samples. Use sounds that you normally wouldn't. And if you need to just take a break for while and let your brain recharge for a day or two.

Don't beat yourself up after one little month in the game. Settle in to the fact that you're still learning, and you need to learn more. Even successful musicians will say "Never stop learning".

The beat you linked is actually a good trap beat.

I don't think anyone has a 100% success rate at making hot beats every time they sit down at the console. You're gonna make some crappy ones. But if you have one good beat after your first month of producing, I'd say you're off to a decent start. I see people in here all the time like, "I've been at this for 8 months, and I can't get anything right." At least you're not at that point, right?

Stay positive. Listen to some music that's not your usual style - you might hear some new techniques or chords you haven't considered before. That helps me when things get stale.

Thanks guys, i was pushing myself to make a good beat and i pulled it off. Im going to upload on the showcase forum. But thanks for your ur answers guys.

dont set urself up take ur time and have funn with beats enjoy making em dont over due things , just concentrate on u , forget bout thee other nonsense ..

dont try TO have the perfect product "Yes it's important to make things great and you can certainly do this by upgrading over time, but good and profitable is better than perfect and never done. Get things done. Be a person who finishes even if it's not yet perfect."

Back