Looking for Bagpipe Samples

ichor

Does anyone know where to find free samples of bagpipes (or other celtic instruments) ? I've searched around on google some and I can't seem to find anything free. Is there hope?

It seems to be the perfect sampling instrument.. even the moving part doesn't seem to have too much fluxuation..

If no free samples are available, would it be possible to synthesize them? I have no experience with custom synthing so I have no idea what is possible

Thanks, ichor

Originally posted by KomplexBeats
I'd say try sampling some folk/celtic music records.

Peace.

yup, i agree with KomplexBeats, ur not going to find a real good sample off the internet for free or it will be hard to find it.

maybe you could just bring a friend who has bagpipes along to a recording studio etc. - check if ur school has bagpipes (music department)

I have Reason, and I could have sworn there is a bagpipe like patch included but I couldn't find it. If someone knows where to get one please help me / PM me.
Thanks!

I know you can sample some bagpipes from one of Korn's albums.

I found a bagpipe sondfont in literally 30 seconds. were u even looking. scince im such a nice guy I'll give u the link.
http://www.personalcopy.com/sfonts.htm
it's the second to last one from the bottom! your welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
TRY L I M E W I R E THATS WERE I GOT ALOT OF MINE FROM. AS A MATTER OF FACT I GOT A CD FROM THERE CALLED "SCOTLAND THE BRAVE BAGPIPES GREATEST HITS" AND I WAS ABLE TO GET SOME BAD AZZ PIPE SAMPLES FROM THAT ONE CD ALONE. THE ONLY THING IS THAT YOU'LL HAVE TO CHOP THEM YOUSELF...BUT HEY THATS ONE OF THE PARTS OF DOING MUSIC.

ALSO IF YOU CAN'T FIND THAT CD JUST TYPE IN BAGPIPES AND YOU SHOULD STILL BE ABLE TO FIND SOMETHING USEFUL.
:monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

Last edited:
Back