Jesus Walks (Acapella) - without the ooooohs

HizTiteness

I was working on a remix with the Kanye West - Jesus Walks (Acapella) and I can't use those loud ooooooohh sounds that are with his verse at some parts. Does anyone have a version without these or does anyone know of a way to get rid of these without damaging the vocal waay too much???

HizTiteness said:
or does anyone know of a way to get rid of these without damaging the vocal waay too much???

he was also asking if there way a way to reduce them...

and u can't completely separate and isolate individual elements of an already mixed down track so if the background oohs are giving u problems u can't just go in and take those out unfortunately

ohhh my bad. yah i knew there was no way to isolate it, i was hoping more than someone had the file . . . hahaha . . . but no filesharing . . . my bad

dammit kanye . . . why you gotta stop us from using ur verse by putting this unnecessary stuff on the acapella?!

Last edited:
If you can get an isolated Ohhh sound you may be able to reduce it dramatically by doing the inversion method or noise reduction with a profile in Audition.

On my site I show the inversion method to remove the music from a track to get the acapella. It's not always ideal but it may work in your scenario for the Ohhs.

NFX said:
If you can get an isolated Ohhh sound you may be able to reduce it dramatically by doing the inversion method or noise reduction with a profile in Audition.

On my site I show the inversion method to remove the music from a track to get the acapella. It's not always ideal but it may work in your scenario for the Ohhs.

Oh my oh my!!! NFX has figured out a GOOD USE for phase cancellation.

I love that trick, so good... and can be used to remove anything if done correctly (or damn near!).

This should help you, if you can find an isolated OOOH first.

i'm gonna try and look for one somewhere in the acapella. looks like a cool technique tho . . . even if i can't find the isolated sound this time, i'm sure i can use the technique somewhere else down the road

Back