intakt and tracktion

B

big timothy

i downloaded the demos for each of these programs and have been trying to use them together.

Question 1

I tried importing a loop from intakt onto a track in tracktion but it said it couldn't read the file. Is this just a limitation of the demo version or do these programs just not run together?

Question 2

Intakt opens up into tracktion as a synth application so I can record slices into tracktion with a midi keyboard right?

Basically...I want to record samples into tracktion so they can be chopped in intakt then record the slices into tracktion to make loops that i can sequence, add effects, mix, and put onto a cd later. In short I want to make sample-based hip hop with intakt as the sampler/loop chopper and tracktion as the sequencer.

Can this be done? All help and/or suggestions would be much appreciated....

I've never used intakt with Tracktion,but I use Shortcicuit free.
It has limited polyphony compared to the regular Shortcicuit,but retains all the other features.
Most samplebased hiphop revolves around sounds cutting each other off anyway so this is not a issue with me.
It has great sample chopping,envolopes,filters,and effects built in.
I would also recomend taking a look at EnergyXT as it is a full blown sequencer,sampler,multitracker,etc,etc.
Tracktion is easier to learn,but XT is cheaper,and would eliminate the need for a cpu hogging vst sampler.

Here's a link to the EnergyXT web site.

www.xt-hq.com

lol...dont worry about it
thanks for the help

any other suggestions?

Back