Im a DJ What should I get????

D

djsparkee

Hello all, Im new to the list and I was just looking for something to add to my collection. I am a dj and loking for an edge. I need a christmas present so this is a perfect time for a piece of equipment. I was thinking something I could use live during my sets, I spin trancey hard house and funkie house. I thought maybe like a BOSS DR.202, Or a EF.303?? What do you guys think??? What should I get??
Email me seperatly if you want!\YAYAYA

:angel: !!!!!Sparkee!!!!! :bat:
DJsparkee82@yahoo.com
:victory:

im assuming if someone had a good answer to your question they would reply. i might be able to help you if you tell me what you have right now....

well...

Well Like I said Im new to this. I have two 1200's and a stanton skf-2, Im a DJ.. WHEEEEE! I want something I can use live but don't know what to get. Would I need anything else to make those sound good or even be usable? OK any way
HUGZZZ
Sparkee

you should either get some kind of a sampler or sequencer, or get some kind of a synth.

welll...

well I have checked out the roland ef-303 and the Korg em-1 and I think I plan to get one of those. I don't have the money to drop on a sequencer. If someone could tell me some info on which one of thoes would be better for me.
thx

well

I did look into it,
the roland ef303 seems to be more versatile.......
does anyone have one or the other so I can get some excperienced input. no offence

hey, I think I will get a sampler.
Got any opinions on ones in my budget range?
no more than 550

Step 1. Figure out which direction you want to take yourself.

The Korg EM-1 is a synthesizer/drum machine/sequencer, and the Roland EF303 is strictly an effects unit. These have absolutely nothing to do with each other. The EM-1 does not even have audio inputs. Now a sampler? Figure out what you want to do! That is also completely different. Don't just buy something because it looks neat. Buy something because you have a use for it.

It seems to me you just have some money (appx. $550?) burning a hole in your pocket.

My advice? Save it until you can spend it on something you actually want.

I was actually looking for a x-mas present for my parents to get me. yea thanx for reiterating, I know nothing about production, like I said in my first post. I did not know what machine I wanted so I was asking for some help. I had heard good things about all the different equipment I wanted but did not know what I could effectively use live. USE LIVE.... that is what i want to do. Sorry you couldn't help me.... thought people would be nicer on this board. Any way no need to reply to this anymore, I got a cdj100 and a sp303, yes a cdplayer and a sampler. Im sure you'd like to tell me how these don't work together either. But Im getting them so I can learn. don't mean to come off cross or anything, I just don't feel very welcome here.
hug.. I guess
matt

Sorry if I'm offensive. I don't know what it's like to have parents throw so much money at me that I don't know what to do with it.

ss

its ok thet your offensive, no skin off my bones. sorry your broke =op

for a while now i have been running a zoom 224 sampler. i load it up with some samples and save some room to sample and run loops in my set. everything including a passthrough ch. can have one of like 20 effects added . if you have the cash get one of the rolands su or try any loopable sampler with onboard effects
RXZKNZX

Back