I need feedback on artist name

O

OliverPractice

So I'm a wanna be rapper / singer and I'd like your feedback on a artist name I came up with.

I pretty much already decided on D-verse as artist name. It fits me cause I am diverse and change my mind often and like different types of music.

It als stands for The verse, Dope verse and Dolla verse. I'm satisfied with it.

However I've been thinking about an alias or an AKA which I take is the same, right.

D-verse aka Oliver Brown.

My real name is Oliver and I'd like to include that into my music name, however just Oliver doesn't do it for me. The typical Lil', Big or Young prefix doesn't sound right to me either. Doesn't sound bad but I don't like them. Lil = I am not really an little dude, Big = I don't wanna act like I'm a big guy, Young = well one day I won't be really young anymore.

Having it as just Oliver besides sounding to plain for an aka makes me think of myself as the regular person I am, when an aka usualy represents you as the entertainer:

Beyonce = Sasha Fierce

Eminem = Marshal Matters

I thought I like Oliver Brown however my beef with it is that it could sound like I am posing to be a latino. On the contrary I remeber John Brown from the white rapper show and never thought anything of his rap name.

Do you think calling myself Oliver Brown would sound like I am trying to come of more ethnic and away from the white rapper image?

Or basicaly do you like it ? And suggest something else if you feel creative or inspired.

Inbefore fataltone shows up and tells me to just do music instead of all the other stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not your name, it's your music. If it is good, people will get used to any name you got. Just make it is short.

By the way, the current one is OK :)

It's not your name, it's your music. If it is good, people will get used to any name you got. Just make it is short.

By the way, the current one is OK :)

You're right it's music. I'm almost paranoid about being judged, small town syndrome - everybody can know things bout others fast.

And also agree on that people adjust to everything, it becomes second nature without thinking.

But yeah it's music, art, so artistic freedom, call yourself whatever.

Thnx for the reply

your name is a big part of your appeal and getting your "name" out there! it should be something catchy but also something that suits you, Dverse is cool

Back