How to: Proper Pitch Rise

Steve Sancteria

Hey guys,

I did work on a build up today and tried to naturally pitch rise the synths for 1 octave with the build in pitch bend of the synth, it´s serum.
But the pitch bend seems to bug around with my simple automation curve and for the future I think it would be more handy to create a pitch rise in another way.

So yaeh, how do you create your pitch rise, any suggestions for plugins that do the job properly?

Thanks for advice

The back bone of the rise has got to be in serum itself man. It's a simple envelope slow curve on the osc pitch. I don't understand what you mean as you say its interfering with your pitch bend you have to be more specific. Serum is a powerful tool and you can get some really nice risers going on with serum. Is it bugging with the LFO? Then its prob a sync timing issue. I usually always sync it to the tempo of my song.

Last edited:
on the bottom left you have your mod wheel and your pitch wheel like on any synth/keyboard, if I use the pitch wheel in order to get the pitch rise, sometimes it works, sometimes it´s doing wierd stuff xD if I do the same thing with sylenth, I get the results I want. Since I am not a fan of feeling great while doing complicated stuff while 50 automations are running in the background, I just ask myself if there is a VST plug that simply makes the pitch rise...I go google tomorrow.

well, I got a VST called PitchWheel, it does the job for me, I bet I´ll get some better results after using it more frequently but really like the simple GUI and it does the pitch rise without any bad side effects and nothing is disturbing at all :D

I'd rather look into what causes the "bugging around" than complicate the setup with another plugin. After all it's just the pitch wheel (or the osc pitch directly) - there's no reason why it shouldn't work right. But whatever works for you :)

well, with this pitchwheel I can use some synthshots from samplepacks to rise up as well, which I could do simply with that Pitch knob in FL Studio, why does Cubase not have that simple Pitch knob? xD Steinberg please!!!
but yeah, for me this simple little plug is kind of...more usefull, we germans do tend to have for any issue 1 certain tool to fix it xD it´s in our soul to make things complicated for no reason :D

Back