how to get studio quality?

I believe you are leaving out a lot of things you have as you can't record with just a mic alone. This question is way to broad.

that's what i just said, what else should i get, should i got mixerless should i buy one? what kind of mixers hould i get

that's what i just said, what else should i get, should i got mixerless should i buy one? what kind of mixers hould i get

Like I said, your question is way to broad. It all depends on what you are trying to do. You are leaving out a lot of details. Do you have a computer to use for music? If so, what specs is it? Are you just trying to record vocals, make beats, or both? What kind of music do you plan on making?

Last edited:
Don't seems like your trying to be serious by "rolling your eyes" and putting people on ignore.

I am trying to give you advice but your not letting me know anything. In order for us to recommend to you stuff to get started with, we need to know what you are trying to do. If you can't answer those simple questions then I don't think you are really trying to get any answers.

alright look, i' got a microphone rode nt2a, i'm trying to rap. but what else do i got to do buy a mixer next?, and yes i have a computer. yeah i know i put due ignore sorry i just got heated for a second.

Well not a mixer, that would be if you wanted to record a band for example. You just need an audio interface.

That's where your search begins. There are people more knowledgable than me on this subject so use the forum search and look through the countless threads on the topic. i'm sure you'll find some good info on what you should get.

Like said above, your going to need a audio interface. I would say in your price range to check out a Mbox 2 that comes with Pro Tools 8 on eBay. If you want to go a little cheaper on the interface and still want to use Pro Tools, look into a Maudio Fast Track Pro.

You can use any interface with Pro Tools 9 but this is not in your price range.

Last edited:
You want studio quality? you need a studio.

Audio interface like people have said, plus acoustic treatment, right size room, mic preamp or mixer, outboard gear, knowledge.

Put someone on ignore within the first few posts in your thread, you aren't gonna get the answer you want...

Dude doesn't sound like he needs the help though, honestly. Talk sh*t if you want, just tired of seeing ungrateful a$$ people on this site...

The next thing down the chain is the audio interface. you need a good preamp to plug you mic into, otherwise you would have to use your computer's soundcard. This is highly unrecommended if sound quality matters to you.

Taking your budget into consideration, I would go with the Apogee One or its big brother the Duet. Great sounding preamps for a good price.

Does this answer your question?

My first question would be are you looking to rap or produce? There's probably a long road ahead of you in terms of production, all of which will get in your way and frustrate you if you're just looking to rap over some beats. If you're looking to be a rapper, I'd hook up with a local producer and recording engineer who like to work with local, start up artists - let them handle the technical side, and you rap. That will give you an understanding of what you want to do. Don't go out and buy a bunch of equipment until you know where you stand. Just my two cents as someone pretty new to the game.

Back