How do you know if your Studio Monitors are blown?

S

Speaker-Head

^^^^^^^

I was just trying to see if there are some sure signs that your studio monitors are blown. This is for more future reference, but sometimes I worry because I will have my studio monitors on when I go on the internet and sometimes the volume is loud, so I go on, say a friends MySpace, and BAM!!!! Some heavy metal starts blaring through the speakers I turn the volume(or mute) down. I then worry that something may have blown. It doesn't sound like it but, the last thing I need is to buy a replacement speaker and trash this one.

Any advice would be great. (I know turning the volume down would be useful)

Use a different computer for production purposes if you can afford it. Internet presents viruses and whatnot that could potentially kill any kind of career you want to build off of this.

you can hear it if they are blown. in some cases if you push on the woofer cone, you can hear and feel a scraping/draggin sound, that happens sometimes when the cone has seperated from the voicecoil. but most times, you can hear when the speaker is blown cause it'll sound like sht. acutally, it'll sound distorted even at low volume, so if it still sounds ok, it probably is.
LevLove

Back