in-house producer

R

rell vinny

hey all, im new here, and pretty new to producing. i actually have recently been asked to become an "in-house produce" to a local group. i dont really know what an in-house producer does, im a little confused and i have a few questions. how does an in-house producer get paid? is it by beat? also is there a special contract or anything needed? any additional informatioin on an in-house producer would be very nice. thanks in advance

im guessing as an inhouse producer they just want you to make their beats/produce their music. I'm an engineer but from working with producers they have different types of deals. either they sell a beat with the rights to the artist.. or they provide the music for an artist but keep part of the rights to it. im sure someone else can give you better info, thats just what I've picked up on.

In house basically means ur just producing for them. Its more of a label term tho. If u want to do that go for it but free lance offers more options. Don't sign anything without a lawyer

yea.. definitely dont sign without consulting a lawyer. Theres some entertainment lawyers that will charge you a small fee for a 30 min or something consultation.

aight yall thanks for the info, so im guessing in house producers charge per beat?

Depends, charging per beat is usually done by Freelance producers who dont have ties with the artist.
An in-house producer usually gets money from the sales rather than an upfront fee.

In-house producer is pretty much, we're homeboys so make us a bunch of beats, we'll sale em, and we'll all get paid from it.

well anything can happen in terms of money, jake one got signed as an inhouse to g-unit and got payed $ 2 million to make them 40 beats over a period of 1 year, or so ive heard lol

Last edited:
thanks for the information.. jus one more question, as an in-house producer, can you work with other artists?

all depends on the contract, usually in house is just that, working with that label, like how mannie was exclusively producing for cash money, he was an in house producer, now he freelances, which is better i think, more freedom, but do u

Back