Help!!! I Want To Make A Happy Beat Or A Club Beat

Kaminota

Kanye West's Ego Online
Yo, I've Been Making Some Depresssing Ass Beats As Of Late. Mainly Because I Usually Make What I Feel Inside. And It's Pissing Me Off. Causing Me To Making Even More Depressing Stuff. I Could Come Up With The Hardest Drums And Still Can't Win. I Can Almost Get To Boarderline Gangsta Beat But End Up Somewhere Between Lost Love And Death ....but I'm Not Really Mad... It's Good Music To Me. I Just Want To Play Something Different So Everyone Can Dance. So If Anyone Got Anything That Can Get Me Out This Whole That I'm In........... Let Me Know Something.

It's simple... 808 drums, Lil' Jon synths and some popular club scales. Also don't forget snare roll at every 8 bars and great bass

If you producing what you feeling, then try getting your self in a pumped up mood or a better mood before you produce..if the way you feel is a direct result in your music this should help.
and like the dude above having the sounds to do it helps, which im sure you got somewhere!
good luck

Use some major chords for a happier sound. You're probably using just all white keys, huh?

I 've kind of had the same problem as of late, I honestly rarely use the black keys (they're sharps aren't they) hell I don't even know any "proper" chords, I just make up ones.

My problem is when I make a good melody using any black keys, it'll sound good by itself (or with drums) but when I throw another instrument in, it'll be off key. I wish I wouldn't have lost my book on music theory.

Are you using a piano sound when you use the black keys?
one way to make sure you stick with the same(ish) sound when doing things with the black keys i noticed using a piano and any instruments that go with piano sound, strings, some orchstra instuments...
dont have to always link instruments this way, but it sometimes works and can sometimes give a bigger feel to the track, like paino and strings.
hope some of this helps

build around drums keep it up tempo and make something that bangs should be simple and easy to dance to. Synths aren't a requirement but they are cool sometimes. Basically just make something thats easy to dance to thats catchy.

drums and percussion... listen to club and happy stuff you like... see what they did with the drums and melody... which instruments they used, also you want major chords and scales because they are "happier"
catchy 8 bar loop
tempo 99 or faster - you'll be set ;)

If you are having trouble with the "flow" of your music, and want to get better, I am going to suggest getting your pitch recognition together.

www.perfectpitch.com

Read about perfect pitch and relative pitch and how they play a big part in what you do musically. If you have the money, order the kit, both if you can. No, I do not get anything from that other than helping you out.

Like the other person mentioned, music has emotion in it...your emotion, you need to be in a better mood to create that "better" music that makes people want to dance.

If you have WinAmp installed, go to the Shoutcast radio feature and search a genre of music you like, like dance or something and just let it play...the songs stream, and will switch up, just go lay on the couch or laziboy or whatever comfortable furniture you have and let the music and sounds flow through you. I like to listen to lounge music [electronica / trip-hop] to relax me and put me a mood to make music like what I am hearing.

Just do not get offtrack of the initial music idea you had when you sitdown to actually transfer in into a recording.

Best of luck

Back