Good Computer For Making Beats

qblok89

I want to get a new laptop and i was wondering what is a good laptop for no more than $500?

And is 4gb memory enough to stop all the skipping while loading a lot of vst's?

I'll give you my favorite website for computers. Tigerdirect.com you can find AMAZING computers. I have an ACER Laptop that's beast for DJ'ing with my Traktor S4 and I have a tower pc with an i7 and 12gb. Those were more then $500 but, they were stupid good deals compared to piece of shit Macs and Dells. Hope I helped ya out!

Tigerdirect.com Newegg.com when you are ready to break bread. . . adkproaudio. . . .BEAST COMPUTERS.

I want to get a new laptop and i was wondering what is a good laptop for no more than $500?

And is 4gb memory enough to stop all the skipping while loading a lot of vst's?
4GB isn't enough for "a lot" nowadays, youll get by with basic stuff and a low quantity of tracks/effects. With $500 you're better off buying a desktop with much better hardware, trying to squeeze it into a laptop comes out more expensive and usually shittier specs. A netbook that can run youtube, process text documents and send emails runs around $200-500 nowadays, so think about that in comparison. $500 for music production is really doing yourself a disfavor unless you're making chiptune beats.

adkproaudio. . . .BEAST COMPUTERS.
Overpriced, fat, doesnt come with an OS. Might as well buy a Macbook Pro for those prices.

Idk maybe u'll go by the Mac. or some custom own build PC

get a mac book
Well getting one for ≤ $500 might be a challenge.

Last edited:
I custom built a PC which was pretty cheap cuz I was sick of producing on a old 2ghz duo core with 1gb ram laptop from 2007 or my old desktop with 2gb ram and ... pentium 4 1. something ghz processor lol.

I got a Gigabyte motherboard bundle, a i5 760, 4gb ram (i have a extra 4gb but it doesn't seem compatible with my MoBo), good soundcard, decent graphics card, PSU, keyboard/mouse, etc for like 600 and a 24 inch hd monitor took it up to 750. I can 'so far' run pretty much anything I need. I haven't had to freeze or bounce tracks yet and i've had some huge L.A.S.S/Omnisphere uplifting trance projects with like 10 vsti's playing at once with no problems yet.

i was gonna go for a dual monitor/i7 980/12gb ram beast machine but tbh i'm glad i halved the price cuz so far I haven't needed anything more and when/if i become more serious upgrading is always a option..

Last edited:
For 500 it'd be better if you could build your own. You'll get more for your dollar that way.

Back