FL Studio Looping Samples

WestCoaster

Im new to producing and am having a hard time looping instruments and samples from songs in fl studio. Everytime I try to get the loop it clicks or just doesnt sound right. Can anyone help me out with any tips on how to count bars and beats in a song and how to go about looping. thank you.

make sure u chop on "zero crossings", as most ppl call it...

meaning dont cut in the middle of the up wave or down wave...its hard to explain but it should get rid of your clicks and pops.

hope that helps

clicks may also be do to your soundcard. If you have a low quality soundcard and your latency is set to low in fl studio audio settings you will get clicks and pops when playing back.

make sure when you are sampling a loop, start right at the first kick drum, count 2 or 4 snares, and after the last snare you count cut right before the kick drum comes in again. This should give you a seamless loop.

thanks guys i appreciate it

@Ephekz- Is there any way to remove the drums to add my own drum patterns? sorry im new to producing

The best you can do to get rid of drums is by EQing. But you can still hear it a little. I would recommend to just play your drums over the drums in the sample.

In the Sampler Channel Settings, click the INS tab then go to the bottom of that screen and rightclick on TIME then select a Beats or Bar number that satisfies your samples desired sound. That's one of the easiest ways to do looping in FL.

Also check out http://YouTube.com/samplesimple for more FL Studio Sampling Tips and Techniques.

Hope that helps out and good luck!

In the Sampler Channel Settings, click the INS tab then go to the bottom of that screen and rightclick on TIME then select a Beats or Bar number that satisfies your samples desired sound. That's one of the easiest ways to do looping in FL.

Also check out http://YouTube.com/samplesimple for more FL Studio Sampling Tips and Techniques.

Hope that helps out and good luck!

I tried to do this but I cant find the time part under SMP tab in the sampler

Back