Fl Studio Kicks get distorted

cloudbelievers

Okay, so basically I have been having this problem now for a while and now it's really starting to bug me. When I click the kick in the side bar I hear a fat loud kick, but when I place the kick in the pattern window I get this distorted little bleep. I just bought a new drum kit for 50$ and many of the kicks are doing this. Is there a way to fix this? Please help!

Make sure the time knob in the channel settings window is turned all the way down, also make sure the drum is hitting on the same key that its hitting in the browser by clicking up and down the piano keys in the piano roll until you hear the same sound as in the browser.

flpic35.jpg

Last edited:
lower octave

Ahhh, ok so the sound is closer to the sound in the sidebar when I use keys in lower octaves. thanks for that tip.

Snare drum is distorting now

Okay, so lowering the octave worked for making the kicks sound correct, but now I'm having a similar problem with my snare drums. Some of the snare samples sound like a distorted metal clinging noise, is this just a messed up sample or is there something I can do about this?

ignore the arrow on the left (random pic) but do you see the time switch under timestretching settings, move that all the way to the left or right-click it and reset

fl8-1-left-click-1st-channe2.gif

Last edited:
I kno this problem can b annoying, easy fix for this is to bring up the channel settings and on the piano display right click C5 key. this should fix the problem , a lot of sound designers release their samples like that.

Back