exporting as a zipped loop package question

dkelloway

Whenever I try to export my FL files as a zipped loop package, the project(.flp) file always massive. I used one track to sample from (4.3 mb's) and whenever I save the fl studio (.flp) file, it is 52 mb's. why is it so big? is there something wrong? I really want to send the files to my friend, but they are too large and they take forever. any help?

P.S. I also tried installing a new version of "winrar" because i thought it might have been a problem with the extracting program, but it wasn't. I used to run Fl Studio on my old machine (windows xp) and the zipped looped packages would be of appropriate size, but now I am using Vista. would this be the problem?

Do you have an instance of Directwave using a huge patch? If you have set Directwave to "total recall mode" (OPTIONS) every sample of the patch gets embedded into the .flp file.
Or do you have a large sample loaded in Edison? The sample data of Edison does also get saved into the project file. The new Slicex does also store the sample(s) in the flp.

Last edited:
Back