Easiest software to create mixes for...?

mikehende

Which is the "easiest" software to create beatmatched mixes to burn to cd? Some pro's swear by editing softwares like Pro Tools e.t.c, what I don't like about those is that you have to set one master bpm/tempo and all tracks will play at that bpm. Mixmesiter is great is for pre-mixes but I think it suffers when beatmatching tracks with more than a 5bpm difference.

So I guess what I am asking is which is the best software which will beatmatch tracks for you which have more than a 5bpm difference? Your opinions please? Thanks.

Asked a guy a while back about this, he did not use Pro Tools as far as I can remember, he used Cool Edit I think, anyway, he said that ALL editing softwares only allow you to create beatmatched mixes using just one master tempo/bpm and he said that if I want a software which will beatmatch song after song then I will need a DJ software instead.

Are you saying that Pro Tools can be used to beatmatch tracks with different bpm's WITHOUT having to use just 1 set bpm so if you have 3 tracks for example that are 110, 115 and 120, the first 2 can be beatmatched at 112 and then when the 3rd comes in it will be beatmatched at 117?

Last edited:
You will always be using 1 main tempo setting at any given time. Think about it, if you have two audio files that are the same tempo, how can you play one faster than the other by a tempo setting? You can't, you have to time-stretch one to be a different tempo if you need a different tempo.

It's a matter of time-stretching regardless.

NI makes a DJ program, forget the name. Traktor I think. Other than that, all software multi-trackers will do the job about the same. Cubase and likely others can mess with tempo (time-stretch) by just changing the tempo throughout different parts of the song, but you still need to original tempo and set that manually so that you can time-stretch after.

I have Tracktor but what I need is a software which will beatmatch "perfectly" for me songs that have more than 5bpm differences.

Back