Configure Adobe Audition to record audio directly from CPU?

you need an input called stereo mix or 'what you hear', its not on all computers though so if your unlucky not to have it like myself then you can work around it by routing the audio out of your pc to a mixer and back into your line in.

No I have that stereo mixer thing bro, I just can't find that damn device toolbar in Audition.

I can download Audacity but I'd rather not have to seeing as how I have Audition.

Well, the Device Toolbar is Audacity's toolbar so no wonder you're not finding it in Audition :)

If you have an audio interface with some spare outputs and inputs, you can always simply route the audio output to those and plug a cable to one of your inputs and sample any outgoing audio that way. Some interfaces also allow routing within the interface itself (through their routing software/control panel) so no physical cables are needed.

Always though Audition and Audacity were made by Adobe and Audacity was somethiing of an "Audition Light".

Guess I was wrong, anyways I downloaded Audacity.

I know you can just go out the computer, into a mixer and out back into the computer, that's what my friends do.

But I don't have a mixer, I do have a computer capable of recording sound directly thought.

And I'm just loving the laptop BTW it's becoming more and more self contained, now not only can I use my DAW's/VST's, I can go online and sample music without even endangering my cpu, from anywhere I can get a signal.

One of the best investments I've made in a while, the bad side though it's becoming very important and if I ever lost it I'd be really pissed.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Always though Audition and Audacity were made by Adobe and Audacity was somethiing of an "Audition Light".

Guess I was wrong, anyways I downloaded Audacity.

I know you can just go out the computer, into a mixer and out back into the computer, that's what my friends do.

But I don't have a mixer, I do have a computer capable of recording sound directly thought.

And I'm just loving the laptop BTW it's becoming more and more self contained, now not only can I use my DAW's/VST's, I can go online and sample music without even endangering my cpu, from anywhere I can get a signal.

One of the best investments I've made in a while, the bad side though it's becoming very important and if I ever lost it I'd be really pissed.

Back