Budget 1000$

DarkWing

Hi everyone.
I've just read SA'ID BeatTips manual and he suggest getting the s950/MPC60II system.
I want to make beats for rap music and I'm going for a warm sound. My question(s) is this: is the suggested system oudated? how far will my budget stretch?

I would rather have one good component than have 2 bad components - so can anyone point me in the right direction as what to get as a beginner?

Thanks Alot.

I think its a good set-up but your gonna get the "Why don't you use Reason?" or any other software line. I'm def gonna get a mpc 60 inthe future even though I use a MV-8000. It brings that ruggedness that no software can match.

how is the Akai s60II compared to the Akai S3000XL ?

I've also just been offered an Akai S6000 together with a MPC-2000XL.
Is that a good system or is the mpc60II/s950 a better choise for me?

also; what's the difference between XL and regular?

Last edited:
You can only sample 11 seconds on a mpc 60 so you use a akai s950 for more sample time and crunch. all you need is the mpc 2000xl by itself you will be good. the 2000 regular one is old and it dosent have time stretch and programs or folders the 2000xl has more features and it has enough sample time.

man it all depends on what sound you are going for. If you are trying to get that early 90's sound like illmatic, Showbiz, Lord finess then that combo will be fine. If you want the early 90's hell on earth, wu tang sound. Then look into a EPS/ASR. IF this is all not important to you get a MPC 1000, max out the HD and get some wax.

Back