bad usb interface problems!

DaveBeatz

i have got a tascam us-144mkII Product: US-144MKII | TASCAM

it used to work fine, but recently it started making a really shit noise after about 10minutes of use, it would go away when i unplugged then plugged in, but come back sooner. maybe 2-5 minutes.

it is ok when playing whatever is in the input, its the output from pc which is doing it. Going to try an older driver + FW update and see if it helps.

laptop is about 2 months old, interface is about 2 years old.

edit. i have managed to stop the awful noise by disabling exclusive mode in the playback device options. But say if i hit play on media player or youtube it lags about 1 second behind. Going to make a video showing the problem to see if anyone out there can help me. I need to know if it is my computer or not before i buy a new one!

Ran DXDIAG, it said no problems found. ran it in 64bit and this has come up. But i got the driver off tascams website! could this be a problem!?

The file tscusb2a.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

Back