Ableton 9 experiments 1: Convert to Melody, Harmony & Drums

innerstatejt

innerstatejt
Here's a post I did, sharing my results using Ableton 9's new audio to midi conversion tools.
Check out the post directly:
http://www.musicsoftwaretraining.com/bl ... periments/

Or read on:
Ableton 9 experiments 1: Convert to Melody, Harmony & Drums

In the video below I am experimenting with Ableton 9 features with 10 different types of songs. This gives a really wide range of styles & musical content. I am putting all of Ableton’s new conversion features to the test.

Converting to Drums – This feature interprets the incoming signal, whether is be recorded drums or some simple beat boxing & converts it to drums. This mainly works for kick, snare and hi hats.

Convert to Melody – This feature interprets the incoming music & converts it the best it can to a monophonic melody.

Convert to Harmony – This feature interprets incoming chords & all pitch related information. You can use this on guitar parts, vocal harmonies or even complete songs.

These tools are not perfect, but I find a lot of beauty in the imperfections & I hope they don’t try to make this tool perfect. Some of the things that came out wrong were just as inspiring, if not more than the original content. Obviously, some things are going to be way off, depending on what you are giving it, but overall, I find it 75-80% useable.

I already have some additional ideas that would make these tools even better, and I can only imagine there will be updates as Ableton 9 officially rolls out. Also, keep in mind that this is still in beta mode & the final version could be a bit different. Either way, exciting times in the Ableton camp.

Check out the video below & see what you think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... qnWBqvVr2E

enjoy & let me know what you think ,
Jason

Thanks, all of these were great. Even though I have the beta I haven't been able to find time to really dig into the new devices. Apart from glue which I have used on a couple of tracks.

Back