Flip this Tyrone Davis - In The Mood. (Sample + Flip inside)

S

Smalls

Here's a joint I found about a week ago I think.

Anyways enjoy the sample and check my flip.

Sample:divshare.com/download/10905068-e03

Flip:divshare.com/download/10905083-a34

PD: I'm not very good with mixing yet and the volume might be a little low haha.. criticism is welcome.

Not gonna say the beat was bad, it was pretty alright.
I guess the thing is, I've heard this sampled (quite well) A LOT of times so you got some "competition" that I "judge" it against..

Yeah, I'm not done with the beat yet just wanted to post this and get some feedback. Mind posting some of them flips so I can hear them?

Thanks for your reply.

Edit: Never mind, I checked your flip and it was fire man. You murdered those chops.

If you have some criticism about my flip I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could use some advice from more experienced producers... Anyone? :)

Here's a joint I found about a week ago I think.

Anyways enjoy the sample and check my flip.

Sample:divshare.com/download/10905068-e03

Flip:divshare.com/download/10905083-a34

PD: I'm not very good with mixing yet and the volume might be a little low haha.. criticism is welcome.
Yeah, this wasn't as bad as I expected to be honest.

The sample was a little low, but since not many of us are professional Engineers here, I try to refrain from criticizing the mix whenever I'm giving feedback.

With that said, the drums were decent, but I wasn't too crazy about the Bonecrusher vocals that were dropped in everyone in a while. It's almost oxymoronic, lol. You got Bonecrusher screaming "Attentiooooon!" over a super laid back sampled joint.

The chops were okay, although they could be cleaned up a little bit. Also, don't be afraid to incorporate more of the sample into your beat. It makes it easier to switch things up.

With that said, the drums were decent, but I wasn't too crazy about the Bonecrusher vocals that were dropped in everyone in a while. It's almost oxymoronic, lol. You got Bonecrusher screaming "Attentiooooon!" over a super laid back sampled joint.

The chops were okay, although they could be cleaned up a little bit. Also, don't be afraid to incorporate more of the sample into your beat. It makes it easier to switch things up.

I get what you mean. I'm gonna drop them further apart so it isn't annoying.

What do you mean by cleaning up the chops? and care to elaborate on the drums?

Thanks for your replies.

Back