Flip this if you know what's good for you! Harvey Mason - Modaji

IgotNINJAS

Chopped this up a few months back, I've been trying to work it out ever since.. I still have a lot to learn obviously, but I gave it my best shot. Any critique/feedback is gold. Check out my flip and let's hear some magic from you guys!! PEACE

Sample:

Couldn't get the SC tag to work properly, but here's a link to my flip;
https://soundcloud.com/storeslm/seasonschange

Last edited:
Your flip is not bad at all but in my opinion the snares sound really dry. I would try to layer some more snares on top of it but thats just me good work

Thank you for taking the time to listen, much appreciated. I ran into some issues when I uploaded to SC, the drums sound a bit more static/hollow than on the original mix. I think it's because of my choice of samples, a lacking mix and the way SC compresses your upload to enable better streaming etc. I'm trying to work on layering and mixing my drums better, so it's cool that you touched on that. PEACE

Last edited:
Nice sample and nice flip yo, ill see what I can do.

And by the way your soundcloud pic is fire where can I find more pics like that?

Thanks guys, I know it needs work but I think the chops are cool at least.

skrempf, that flip was cool, a little repetitive, but I feel like I went a little overkill with the flute on my version, where as this was kind of a good balance in comparison.

I got the pic online while looking for something else, really random.. It's Indigo Slæm!

I feel ya about the flip being repetitive man, it bothered me so eventually I tried to re-arrange some chops to make it a little less repetitive altough that didn't really do the job. But in the end I like how the beat turned out

That's dope man ^^ I like how you really chopped up that flute, sounds like it was played like that originally! Very creative, props.

Back