Calling all Turntablists!!

Any flare combo, or funky One-Handed techniques without the fader.

getting into my one handed stuf at the moment, sloppy as hell, but..we practise for a reason

Will

dj jeff said:
The Euro scratch is my fav

that can only be done on some mixers right? and can it be done both hamster and regular? i'm not too up on it

i'd have to say... dicing and tear flares are my favs right now... anything with a combination of record hand and fader, they can sound really dope when done right, but sooo hard to do clean

pz!

No question about it: THE TRANSFORM

When done correctly...I don't think there is a cut funkier.

MACKone said:
No question about it: THE TRANSFORM

When done correctly...I don't think there is a cut funkier.

word, i said dicing, cuz tears combined with transforms can make em even funkier

The Euro scratch can only be done with a mixer that has curve controls on the linefaders like the djm707,pmc07,hak360.
you'll need two fingers for that.
Right now i have a pmc05pro3 mixer, so that scratch is history on that one.

2 click tear flares sound nasty when done fast but the transform is the best skratch ever

I don't think any one scratch stands up to constant listening, but 'funky' chirps (read funky in the same way that a 'funky' drummer just has an ill sense of timing) definitely take the longest to get boring consecutively imo :)

c

programatick said:
crabs
chirps (but i can't do em yet)
flares

you can crab and flare but you cant chirp..that seems a tad backwards to me lol. Maybe I'm just backwards tho

I'd have to say my favorite scratches:

transform
chirp
dicing/normal tears
rubs
drags give a nice sound

pshhh your all lying the best scratch of all time is the baby scratch psssh

lol i agree with alot of you though the transform is the best scratch, when done right :)

Lets be honest, any scratch is AWESOME when done properly or funkily or both or whatever

Will

I have been slowly working on the 2 click flare with the pinch method. I think the pinch sounds much better than twiddles.

Back