Stanton GrooveMaster II

cytogen

I purchased a pair of these needles a while back and i haven't been happy with them at ALL! They hop like a bitch when I'm backcueing! I've tripled checked my set up and i've asked one of my buddies that has the same pair and he's baffled on why mine are so jumpy. Does anyone else out there have the same problems? any suggestions? I'm running 4g of weight on them with anti-skating of 3 on my techs 12's.

or should i just trash these needles?

Records Dirty?

Are your records dirty in any way or are they well used. If a record is really worn, the needle neads to be heavier. I've seen 1 pence pieces come in handy in my time.
Otherwise take them back and ask the shopkeeper very nicely if he would swap them for Ortofon Nightclub Pro please!!

Failing this TRASH THEM!!

or i could sell em to some poor sucker.. ;O) but first i'll buy some new needles for em and see it that helps

hey angelic do you know if the trackmasters are any good?

I personally don't like Trackmasters, bad experiences w/ them. IMo they look and act like cheapo stuff, although they sound nice. If you can afford, flip to Ortofon or other line of Stantons, that's my advice. The new little cases are cute though... :D

I was thinking of getting the Ortofon but I'd heard that they just burn your records hence why I went for the TMII's. Is this true? If so how much faster would it wear out your records?

To be 100% honest, I've never heard anything about that. All I can say comes from my experience, and I've been using Ortofons for quite a while w/ no bad experiences whatsoever. Records wear out eventually, no matter what needle u use, and it's hard to tell the rate at which it happens to any extent, at least IMO.

i bought thoses same groovemaster II's and had the same problem with them. They're pieces of crap.

I hear a lotta people complaining about Stanton direct mounting carts wearing out records really fast, at least the Trackmasters (Trackwearouters?). I've used Ortofon Concorde pros for ages and they've worked really really fine for me.

[corrected a few typos]

[Edited by mattu on 03-27-2001 at 01:03 PM]

Those needles suck the biggest balls.. I had them a long long time ago and they skip like a bitch with crabbies.

They also ****ing skratched some of my wax.

**** those things.

Can we say Stanton's suck? Yes we can..

Any stanton needle that doesn't use a seperate headshell is a piece of crap!

i had the same problem with my groovemasters when i got them till i realized stanton make about 4 kinds of needles but like 30 different models. basically the only differences between them is the stylus. So with that in mind i just purchased a pair of trackmaster stylii and put them on my groovemasters and voila! now i have trackmasters. They perform better now although you shouldn't put too much weight on them cuz they eat your vinyl easily like that. I still like my OM nightclubs a lot better cuz i feel they hold the groove better but the groovemaster/trackmaster have better sound though. another thing if you scratch the ortofons imo do wear your vinyl more than stanton cuz the ortofons have a sharper stylus just from personal experience.

I think Stanton should change the "...master" to "...buster" or "...eater" after the "Track...", "Groove..." and "Disc...".

i use anywhere from 2 1/2 to 4 grams of weight on my stantons. just experiment to see which combination works best(height/weight)

Back