soundsystem fantasies?

catnap

Major Label Whore
i know this is a bit off the beaten track around here, but have any of you gearwhores and lifers out there ever sat and thought about building a real mobile soundsystem? like the kind spiral tribe used to truck around.

travelling around the country with a huge system, staging free parties has always been a pipe dream of mine. unfortunately, even if you can raise the resources, America is the kind of place where's you'd get shot or arrested for that sort of thing.

but leaving that aside, any of you ever thought of building a giant fukoff valve system rolling around on the back of an 18-wheeler?

...in case you haven't, make yourself useful and post some other megalomaniacal DJ dream you've had.

Last edited:
The above sounds pretty good, and I imagine there will be a time when it can be done again. Sign me up.

Actually this summer I have been really thinking about putting my cd mixers and a mixer in my trunk and do a custom fit for it. The only thing that is holding me back is I need a power converer which isn't that bad but I would need a extra battery in my car which would kinda suck. I think it would be fun for when I got to car shows.

This makes me feel like the biggest dork, but we used to do that a lot. We would plug a mixer and whatever else (usually Denon 5000s) into a power inverter (I think I have 150w thru the lighter outlet and it always worked fine with two amps), and plug into the stereo via aux in and rock out on long trips. It made the time fly by, and got some crazy looks from those giant SUV owners who can always see in from above.

This is probably the one thing the Denon 1000s would be perfect for...

Peasant Nikon said:
We would plug a mixer and whatever else (usually Denon 5000s) into a power inverter (I think I have 150w thru the lighter outlet and it always worked fine with two amps), and plug into the stereo via aux in and rock out on long trips. It made the time fly by, and got some crazy looks from those giant SUV owners who can always see in from above.

i think i would get seriously car sick if i tried to DJ in a moving vehicle. :(

That would be funny to see, this would be in my trunk and only for when I am sitting at a show. I once saw a guy driveing and he was playing a flute, that was kinda funny.

This is what I am thinking about putting my cd mixers in next year.
DSC01609.jpg

LOL, I was thinking more of haveing two CDJ800's in the trunk. I think turntables would be skipping like mad. I have had issues with my deck in my car sometimes skipping even my new one has skipped to a few songs. The tone arm would be bounceing up and down. If I can't see out my review mirror straight I know the needle is going to be doing that much shakeing to.

Back