Shure Cartriges

briz

Im riding on a pair of Shure M44-7 on techs now, got it when i just started. now i spin majorly house tunes (soulful / vocal / funcky / tribal /deep etc .. in my bedroom that is) .. Am getting some replacement needles for one of the cart, having some thoughts here and need you guys comments ..

1. Can I buy M44G replacement needle (N44G/N44GQ) and use it on M44-7 Cart? Will it reproduce better sound in my case?

2. Or should I get a new M35S / M35X totally for my application? Will it make an audible difference from my current M447 cart?

3. Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
yes you can use m44g stili on your cartridges; and it should improve sound quality. No i don't recommend using the 35 series cartridges instead.

35x's are good but you already have a great cartridge why buy another when you can just get the 44g stylus and keep that great quality.....I could see if you wanted to buy back up needles but then I would sill get the 447 series instead and spend the extra chedda....just my 2 cents!

true dat :) the m44 series are great all around. IMHO when i had the 35s in the past i had nothing but problems w/ them. To me they seemed bad on cue burn, ground loop problems, and every replacement stylus i bought seemed bent and bad out of the box. Stick w/ your m44s.

I use the 44g for scratching and the m35x for mixing.
The m35x sounds great i think and doesn't need much tracking force (added to the fact my 44g styli take some abuse so start to sound crap pretty quickly).
Remember the m35x is essentially a headshell mount whitelabel.....

thanks guys!

i guess i'll stick with my m44 cart for the moment. just go for the 44g needles .. will check out the 35 when i have to replace my cart. :cheers:

Back