Screw And Chop Music

• Thread starter dj_realist@yahoo.com
  • Start date
D

dj_realist@yahoo.com

Whats good i'm a young dj(16) and i wanna screw up my music and chop it like the great late Dj Screw "Rest In Peace Dj Screw". But i wanted to know how i understand that you use your turntables and start the records of the same ones at the same time and just move your mixer back and forth the chop it up before the beat pattern hits to get the skippin effect. But i'm listening to some OG Ron C MIxes and trying to figure out how good he gets it to sound can anyone help me on my long journey to A Screw lifestyle? Thanks in adavnce. -Dj Realist Killeen,Texas

i dont kno if this will help, but jus use markers to to mark tha sample and bring it back 2 or 3 times until u get to tha one witout tha sticker, then after that u can jus move tha needle to the other sample, hope it helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Waddup mayne! I'm feelin you on the screw music, Screwston Texas hold it down! I guess the basics of chopped and screwed starts with the slow music and if you plan to do that with vinyl records, you're going to want a pitch adjustment of more than +/- 10%. This way you can screw it more and have more to play with. As for the chopping, lets say you're playing one record, with the other record you want to release it right before the other one plays so you get that double beat sound. Depending on how you want it to sound, you can release at different points. Also they loop certain sections of songs so basically you just play one, start it over on the other deck, and repeat. That's if for now, PM if you need anything or just wanna talk music. One...

Yea man i love that screw **** i want to know wat program or wat is good to chop and screw so some1 plz help me Ty

i cannot believe that that many different users have replied to such a curiously screwy thread.

>>present company included..

I had a friend turn me onto screw music awhile ago. Haven't tried to produce it, but it sounds amazing. Awesome car music...

To chop a record what I do is get 2 records playing at the same spot exactly at the same time, then I will drop turntable b back 1 beat and move the fader to that side... now turntable b is 1 beat behind turntable a ... now you can move the fader to the other side with the beat to get the double up sound .. theres more to it than that but it will get ya started

Back