sampling mixers

C

clobbersaurus

So, while I'm sticking with my crappy belt drives until I can save up money for 1200's, I am going to replace my mixer. Since other than new vinyl (which I just got a big pile of) and lots of practice (which I'm doing), that is the thing that can move my mixing forward more that any other. The cheap two channel mixer that I've got doesn't have eq's or cuts to let me learn some of those mixes.

I had pretty much decided on getting a Vestax 17A (or 170 or whatever they are called) or a used 270. But I thought I'd get some opinions on sampling mixers. Are they worth their salt? And which ones are any good? maybe it's just a silly add on toy that would be better served by having an external sampler.

I spin mostly prog trance/hard house and hip hop/funk when I'm feeling thuggish.

Don't buy a mixer because it has a sampler. The quality of the samplers that are built in, are not really good. But it's still cool to have.
I have a Behringer DX 500, and I would have bought that mixer even if it wouldnt have a sampler. I still use it a lot though...

i say get the 170a., if you want a sampler too, get the boss sp-202 sampler, its a great little beast i love the thing, cheaps nad does the job well.

Back